Many of the large/heavy items offered by Serious Steel are shipped directly from the manufacturer at the time of purchase. Please read all of the below bullet points and contact us if you have any questions:
- Most purchases over 100 lbs. are shipped Common Carrier / LTL (freight).
- Heavy items that ship Freight will be delivered on a pallet or in a crate.
- Large items typically ship between 2-4 business days.
- Once shipped, transit time will depend on delivery location, but can range between 2-5 business days.
- Some locations are more difficult to access by LTL (freight) carriers and this can add additional time to the final delivery date.
- Make sure to include an accurate phone number at the time of purchase.
- Once the shipment reaches the destination terminal (the shipping facility closest to the order destination), the carrier will contact you at the phone number provided to arrange a delivery appointment.
- If a delivery appointment is scheduled, but is missed by the customer, the customer is responsible for covering the re-delivery fees. These rates will vary depending on location, size, weight and the freight carrier.
- If an address change is requested after shipment, there may be re-consignment charges based on the new destination. These rates will vary depending on location, size, weight and the freight carrier.
- Upon delivery, it is the buyer’s responsibility to unload, carry the product into the destination and assemble (if assembly is required). Two or more people may be required to unload shipment and this is not the responsibility of the truck driver.
- Lift-gate Service can be requested for an additional charge.
- If any of the boxes appear to be damaged or the box count on the Bill of Lading (BOL) is different than what was received, note this information on the document and have the driver initial next to the issue.
- Noting any issues at the time of delivery eliminates the obligation from the receiver and expedites the claims process exponentially.
- Orders shipped LTL only have a 10-day return period. Buyer is responsible for scheduling return freight and will not be reimbursed original freight cost. Only un-opened items can be returned.
- We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 919-480-8809 to help make sure these matters are resolved.