The PlateMate® BRICK patented design works with steel or cast iron plates and weight stacks.
Microloading with PlateMate® is the safe, scientific way to build strength at beginning, intermediate and advanced exercise levels.
Advanced lifters benefit because microloading helps them break through "the plateau" to achieve success at the highest levels of weight training.
PlateMates are ideal for physical therapy where small increases help patients regain strength without overburdening injured muscles and tendons.
- Sold As SINGLE Unit
- Includes: (1) 5 lbs. Brick Shaped Magnetic Add-On Weight
- Dimensions: 7-1/8" L x 2-1/8" W x 1-1/2" D.
- Magnetic: Must come in direct contact with metal for an ultimate hold. They will NOT magnetically stick properly to surfaces coated with rubber, urethane, neoprene, vinyl.
- Intended For: Use with Selectorized Machines and Weight Stacks
- Patented Design: Works with steel or cast iron plates
- Protective Coating: On the outer surface (opposite from magnets) prevents scratching of dumbbells, equipment, or each other during use or storage.
Microloading with PlateMate is the safe, scientific way to build strength at beginning, intermediate and advanced exercise levels.
Ideal For Breaking Plateaus
Micro loading benefits advanced lifters by helping them break through "the plateau" to achieve success at the highest levels of weight training.
New lifters can utilize PlateMates to increase weight gradually, in order to safely lift more weight while minimizing the risk of injury.
Physical Therapists use PlateMates to help their patients incrementally aid more weight to exercises. This allows them to regain strength without overburdening their muscles and tendons.
PlateMates attach quickly and easily to ends of any iron dumbbells, cast iron or steel plates, and weight stack machines.
PlateMates will NOT fit around a 2" Olympic barbell.
PlateMates will NOT magnetize to surfaces coated with rubber, urethane, neoprene, or vinyl.
If you are looking to micro load with rubber coating or pro style dumbbells, check out the PlateMate R-3!
Easy Storage & Protective Coating
Easy storage! Don't take up extra gym space with additional dumbbells. PlateMates can easily be stored out of the way on a squat or dumbbell rack.
The protective outer coating prevents scratching of dumbbells, equipment, or each other during use or storage.