Tired of not being able to microload with your rubber dumbbells? Discover the new PlateMate® solution to safely increase weight with most styles of dumbbells.
Sold as a Pair. One pair will accommodate a single dumbbell. In order to have the R-3 on each dumbbell, two pairs would be needed.
- Sold In Pairs
- Includes: (4) Total pieces (2.5 lb. total weight for pair).
- Dimensions: 4-1/2" (11.43cm) outside diameter, 1-1/2" (3.8cm) inside diameter, 3/8" (0.95cm) thickness.
- How To Use: Simply connect the two sides of the weights together and let the magnets do the rest.
- Precision: The PlateMate R-3 mircro loading plates were precision milled to the exact weight of 1.25 lbs. providing you with 2.5 lbs of weight.
- Important Note: Purchase 2 pairs if you plan on using two dumbbells while working out and looking to increase weights by 2.5 lbs on each dumbbell.
- Warning: Do NOT use PlateMates® with kettlebells.
Looking to micro load with your rubber coated or pro style dumbbells? PlateMate R-3s are for you!
These magnets are among the strongest out there, made from alloys of rare-earth elements.
This means, once the two parts of the R-3 are locked in place, they aren't going anywhere.
Feel safe doing any overhead movement and rest assured the R-3 will stay secured on your dumbbell.
Ideal For Breaking Plateaus
Micro loading benefits advanced lifters by helping them break through "the plateau" to achieve success at the highest levels of weight training.
New lifters can utilize PlateMates to increase weight gradually, in order to safely lift more weight while minimizing the risk of injury.
Physical Therapists use PlateMates to help their patients incrementally aid more weight to exercises. This allows them to regain strength without overburdening their muscles and tendons.