Microloading with PlateMate® is the safe, scientific way to build strength at beginning, intermediate and advanced exercise levels.
Advanced lifters benefit because microloading helps them break through "the plateau" to achieve success at the highest levels of weight training.
These magnetic add-on weights attach quickly and easily to ends of any iron dumbbells, Olympic bars, and stack weight machine plates.
PlateMates are ideal for physical therapy where small increases help patients regain strength without overburdening injured muscles and tendons.
- Sold In Pairs
- Includes: (2) Donut Shaped Magnetic 1.25 lbs. each (2.5 lbs. total weight for pair)
- Dimensions: 4-1/2" (11.43 cm) outside diameter, 1-7/8" (4.875 cm) inside diameter, 1/2" (1.27 cm) thickness
- Magnetic: Must come in direct contact with metal for an ultimate hold. They will NOT magnetically stick properly to surfaces coated with rubber, urethane, neoprene, vinyl.
- Patented Design: Works with steel or cast iron plates and dumbbells
- Protective Coating: On the outer surface (opposite from magnets) prevents scratching of dumbbells, equipment, or each other during use or storage.
- Important Note: PlateMate® Donuts will NOT fit around Olympic barbells. They are intended to fit over 1" Pro-style dumbbells!
- Warning: Do NOT use PlateMates® with kettlebells
Microloading with PlateMate is the safe, scientific way to build strength at beginning, intermediate and advanced exercise levels.
Ideal For Breaking Plateaus
Micro loading benefits advanced lifters by helping them break through "the plateau" to achieve success at the highest levels of weight training.
New lifters can utilize PlateMates to increase weight gradually, in order to safely lift more weight while minimizing the risk of injury.
Physical Therapists use PlateMates to help their patients incrementally aid more weight to exercises. This allows them to regain strength without overburdening their muscles and tendons.
PlateMates attach quickly and easily to ends of any iron dumbbells, cast iron or steel plates, and weight stack machines.
PlateMates will NOT fit around a 2" Olympic barbell.
PlateMates will NOT magnetize to surfaces coated with rubber, urethane, neoprene, or vinyl.
If you are looking to micro load with rubber coating or pro style dumbbells, check out the PlateMate R-3!
Easy Storage & Protective Coating
Easy storage! Don't take up extra gym space with additional dumbbells. PlateMates can easily be stored out of the way on a squat or dumbbell rack.
The protective outer coating prevents scratching of dumbbells, equipment, or each other during use or storage.
We are a small team based in Roanoke, Virginia. We began in 2009 with bands, but over the years have added products based on our own training needs.
We work hard to develop products that serve a real purpose and bring value to your training (regardless of your type or level of fitness).
Thank you for considering Serious Steel and we hope that our products can help you with your training goals.